As part of its digital transformation programme, ECS is looking for a Application Delivery Manager to join the IT department. This line manager will head our development teams - consisting of business analysts, developers and testers - and ensure that these employees are deployed as effectively and efficiently as possible in supporting business needs, both in terms of supporting our existing applications and in terms of project-based implementation of new digital solutions.
The Application Delivery Manager reports to the CIO.
- an enthusiastic and empathetic leader who gets energy from getting your team members to work (together) efficiently?
- a reliable point of contact for stakeholders in the organization, who can set clear agreements, communicate clear progress and deliver results?
- data-driven in your analyses and decisions, capable of making improvements based on KPIs?
- As Application Delivery Manager, you are responsible for a team of 20 employees (analysts, developers and testers) who are responsible for 3 in-house developed applications (transport management, planning and warehouse management).
- You succeed in supporting these people in their activities and in guiding them clearly in terms of tasks and responsibilities.
- You set clear rules for change requests and communicate them clearly to the parties involved within the business.
- You set clear expectations regarding documentation in the various phases of application development and support and make sure that these expectations are met.
- Based on data from our various systems (TopDesk, Azure DevOps, etc.), you succeed in creating a clear picture of the activities within your team. You translate these into improvements in terms of process, follow-up, expectations regarding analyses, development and testing.
- Frequently occurring problems or solutions, you work with the team to find the root-cause. With the Service Delivery Manager, you look to have standard solutions, support and standby taken over by the Service Desk Team with 2nd- or 3d-line support from your software development teams.
- You implement the necessary policies and procedures to measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness within the team.
- You also take on the role of Release Manager. You not only ensure that releases are qualitative, but you also have an eye for the user experience and pay attention to communication to users.
- You are the connecting factor within the software development teams. You can be a listening ear when necessary, you can get people to work together when you see opportunities and you facilitate pleasant working conditions for the team.
- You help create space in the various software development teams so that employees can be freed up to be regularly deployed on one of our digital transformation projects.
- Based on your analyses and improvement processes, you help determine which support activities can be placed with an external party, help look for an external partner and help ensure a successful transfer. This should lead to knowledge assurance for. historically developed applications and create space among internal staff to work on innovative digital projects.
- You will help detect and map risks in the existing applications, processes and activities so that the necessary actions can be taken to identify root-causes and permanent solutions can be found.
- You can inspire us with best practices and experiences gained previously in a similar role.
- You will report to the CIO and work closely with the Software Architect and the managers of the various IT teams.
- You have at least 8 years' experience as a Lead Developer or Application Delivery Manager or similar in a web-based .NET environment. Ideally, you have managed a team of 10-20 people in the past.
- You are well versed in the concepts of agile, scrum, application lifecycle management, DevOps best practices, etc.
- Working with and coaching people gives you energy. You are an enthusiastic and inspiring leader.
- You speak the language of software developers, rather business-oriented analysts and testers. You can communicate with all stakeholders in the company.
- You are a generalist in the different areas of software development (.NET, front-end technology, databases, analyses, test scenarios) and can think along with employees who could use structuring help in this area.
- You are analytical from a motivational point of view: you succeed in using data to give your employees and colleagues insights and make decisions that benefit the entire team.
- You work independently and take the necessary steps to achieve results. You have a "can do" mentality.
- You value continuous improvement.
- You are flexible and stress-resistant.
What we offer:
- Full-time contract
- Internal training on the job
- You will receive responsibilities and be involved
- Personal growth within an international, family-owned and dynamic environment
- Market-based salary including fringe benefits.
ECS works in an ICT environment with the latest reliable technologies.
Are you interested?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org