Your role & responsibilities
You are in constant dialogue with the assistant planners to find the most optimal and cost-effective balance between intermodal and road transport. Your creativity concerning the (intermodal) possibilities guarantees top service to our customers, while also taking into account the supplier agreements in place. You book the available locations on time and respect the delivery and transition times. You ensure clear, targeted communication with suppliers, your team and internal departments. You handle changes in the schedule and ensure correct administrative processing.
Alternating schedule between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Olivier van Noortweg, Maasbree (Trade port Venlo)
The following qualities describe you:
- A minimum of MBO-level 4 or HBO education;
- A few years of experience in transport planning or in the logistics sector (hard demand);
- Proficient written and spoken Dutch, English and German;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You are assertive and can handle stress;
- Familiar with European geography (and sense of distances);
- You are able to respond to changes that follow each other quickly;
- You are prepared to to work on-call with your team on a rotating basis.
Excellent employment conditions: salary in line with the market depending on education and experience, compensation for standby duty, good pension scheme, 28 vacation days and an extensive introduction process which include a visit to the head office and docks of Zeebrugge. Training opportunities as needed. Beside:
- Professionalism, autonomy and entrepreneurship;
- Support from a mentor during introduction period;
- Working in a professional team with experience;
- Development opportunities, eg towards a position as an expert/specialist or coordinator;
- Working in an international family-owned company with a lot of attention for the employees;
- Fresh fruit at the office every week and fresh soup in the winter;
- Participation in activities with your team: team outings, drinks, (sports) events;
- Working in a modern, easily accessible building on the A67 in Venlo.
Are you interested?
Send your resume and short motivation to email@example.com or apply online.
Applications are handled quickly and confidentially. This vacancy is simultaneously published internally and externally. An assessment is part of the procedure. In connection to the COVID-19 measures, the first meeting will take place online (Skype or Teams). Acquisition is not appreciated.