As Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the administrative and operational processes of the Karveelstraat warehouse site in Zeebrugge, within the Supply Chain division of ECS. These processes and departments include all inbound and outbound transport flows, storage, transshipment (cross-dock), supply and expectation management, planning, customer service, quality and safety and information systems.
You will play a crucial role in optimizing these supply chain processes and ensure seamless coordination between the various operational and administrative departments. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to apply his/her expertise in a dynamic and growing organization.
You will report to the Operation Director Supply Chain.
Your role & responsibilities
- You will lead all operational and administrative departments of the sites Karveelstraat from the Supply Chain division:
- the Logistics team for the administrative processes;
- the Yard and Quayside Planning;
- the Customs processes for goods and customers to the UK;
- the Operational teams with workers and shunt drivers for goods handling, inbound, storage and cross-dock, and outbound from the warehouses.
- You will help people grow and develop through close coaching and training.
- You have a strong focus on delivering service excellence to our customers (on-time and damage-free delivery, accurate transactions, cost-efficient).
- You optimize our current methods, procedures, systems and analytical tools needed to measure and improve performance.
- You manage, discuss, and optimize our KPIs. You have experience in analyzing productivity in warehouses, understanding and steering with KPIs such as number of handlings/person.
- You further improve our safety and quality standards, linked to change of awareness and behavior.
- You identify and implement improvement projects.
- You ensure the development and implementation of action plans with key customers in close cooperation with Key Account Managers, ICT and Operational teams.
- You manage the teams in terms of organization, planning, holidays and development plans.
- You implement training & uniform work instructions for your teams.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Supply Chain Management, logistics or a related field (or equivalent through experience).
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Manager or in a similar role.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- You communicate effortlessly in Dutch and English.
- You are analytically strong and decisive. You quickly acquire process insight and have solid experience with process and ICT optimizations, using appropriate change management techniques.
- Taking the initiative is in your nature and you always have an eye for good communication and cooperation with others.
- You are customer-oriented and understand their commercial needs.
- You remain calm in stressful situations and are strong in problem-solving thinking and acting.
- Full-time contract.
- You will be given responsibility and commitment.
- Your head office is in Zeebrugge.
- Personal growth within an international, family and dynamic environment.
- Competitive salary including fringe benefits, depending on knowledge and experience.
Do you want to excel together?