ECS is looking for a new Health & Safety coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of our safety campaign and associated safety culture. You keep stakeholders informed about our "0 accidents" strategy and make sure everyone subscribes to this vision. You are motivated and highly committed to safety, through your enthusiastic communication you will try to get everyone on board to make ECS a safe and healthy workplace.
Your role & responsibilities
As a health & safety coordinator, you must have a healthy combination of technical knowledge and strong interpersonal skills to create a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
Your responsibilities are:
- Together with your colleagues, you will develop and implement a strong safety strategy by creating innovative and effective safety initiatives.
- You will help build a safety policy that complies with regulations and industry standards, which you will then implement and disseminate throughout the organization together with the relevant teams.
- Through your excellent on-the-job risk analyses, we aim to reduce risks. After all, danger lurks in a small corner.
- You excel at analyzing and optimizing safety processes and procedures.
- In case of an accident, incident, near-accident or injury on the shop floor, you are the person who investigates the cause and implements measures to prevent recurrence.
- You provide regular reporting and updates to senior management and relevant authorities on the status of health and safety within the organization.
- You ensure that the organization’s safety policy is correctly applied. You also conduct regular audits and inspections to identify and correct instances of non-compliance.
Baron de Maerelaan and Karveelstraat Zeebrugge
- You have a bachelor's degree or 2-5 years' experience within an operational function
- Having a diploma as prevention advisor is not a must, experience in working within a safety-focused environment is an advantage
- You have knowledge of safety management principles and methodologies
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are not afraid to question existing safety processes and implement process improvements
- You are a true team player! You forge links between all stakeholders to work together towards a safer working environment. Your powers of persuasion enable you to take colleagues to a higher level of safety.
- Full-time contract
- Training on the job internally & externally
- You will be given responsibility and commitment.
- Personal growth within an international, family and dynamic environment
- Competitive salary including fringe benefits.
Do you want to excel together?
Then send your resume to email@example.com, or apply through the website www.ecs.be