You're the Key contact for our customers (retailers and suppliers), overseeing and cultivating the overall relationship. Driving business results, both in volume and margin, and identifying new opportunities for future growth are key aspects of your role.
You handle commercial relations and collaborate closely with the Customer Service & Operations teams. Achieving sales targets is your forte, achieved through effective networking and communication both internally and externally. Your deep understanding of your customers' business models ensures maximum satisfaction and fosters long-term partnerships.
Creating annual sales and action plans to meet targets and foster ongoing business growth is a crucial part of your responsibilities.
In this role you report to the Commercial and Business Development Director of the BU Supply Chain.
Your role and responsibilities
- Your primary objective is to meet the business sales targets, by retaining and increasing both volume and margin with our existing customers.
- You develop sales account plans and align with the key stakeholder internally for successful execution.
- You manage and cultivate commercial relations with the customer. This involves ongoing communication and negotiation on prices, regular meetings or visits to discuss current and future business, KPI performance, and the status of identified opportunities.
- You actively promote ECS's Supply Chain and Intermodal offerings, identifying new opportunities to enable future growth. Proactively managing accounts, you not only develop customers within standard offerings but also think outside the box.
- In the lead for identifying, leading, and materializing new growth opportunities, you work closely with internal colleagues (Customer Service, Operations) and serve as the central contact for customers. Frequent communication with all internal teams regarding targets, developments, and projects is a regular practice.
- You have a good understanding of all operational processes, and you stay up-to-speed with the know-how of our sector and ECS’ knowledge centers of expertise to be able to continue to bring added value to our customers.
- You actively transfer information and feedback from the market/customers to all relevant departments.
Baron De Maerelaan, Zeebrugge
- You preferably have a master’s degree in economics, sales/marketing, operations/supply chain or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 5 years of relevant sales experience in the logistics industry
- You are willing to travel frequently (up to 50% of your time)
- You are equipped with a robust set of commercial abilities, excelling in presenting, discussing, and negotiating to drive successful outcomes.
- Your great communication skills and excellent stakeholder management create a foundation for seamless collaboration both internally and externally.
- Possessing an analytical mindset, you navigate challenges strategically, always sensing opportunities and delivering results with a strong focus on ownership.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit drives innovation, and your enthusiasm, coupled with a high level of energy, brings a dynamic and positive influence on the workplace.
- Your proficiency in project management, coupled with the capability to set up and maintain networks, showcases your hands-on and pragmatic approach.
- With a strong knowledge of the market and negotiation skills, you contribute to informed decision-making, demonstrating professionalism and teamwork.
- You actively take initiative and play a key role in fostering a vision for development within the organization.
What we offer:
- Full-time contract
- Internal training on the job
- You will receive responsibilities and be involved
- Personal growth within an international, family-owned and dynamic environment
- Market-based salary including fringe benefits.
- ECS works in an ICT environment with the latest reliable technologies.
Are you interested?
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org