Experienced transport planner
Are you creative? Do you think in solutions? Is your day successful when you achieve the most optimal and cost-effective balance between intermodal and road transport and do you want to develop yourself further within a company with a very large intermodal network? Then we would like to get in touch with you!
What does your day look like?
A varied job within a rapidly growing and innovative company. Every day, you work with your team to achieve optimal and cost-effective planning for our customers. The lines of communication are short and you learn a lot from and with each other. You also have a lot of contact with the other operational departments not only in Venlo, but also in Zeebrugge. You switch quickly via e-mail, telephone, you work accurately in various systems or you just walk up to your colleague in the office. You just look at what is most efficient. Contacts with colleagues, subcontractors and train terminal staff give you energy on a daily basis! You are also stress-resistant and good at keeping an overview.
ECS plans an average of 5,000 loads per week. You enjoy the challenge of contributing to on-time delivery to our customers through efficient and cost-effective planning. You speak and write good German and English, but also fluent Dutch, which you will need for your contact with your colleagues in Venlo and Zeebrugge.
What is your role in brief:
- You deal creatively with (intermodal) opportunities to ensure maximum service to our customers. You take into account the fixed agreements with our suppliers.
- You realize the intended transit times by booking and monitoring the available places in the (intermodal) route on time. In doing so, you respect our customers' delivery times.
- You communicate clearly and purposefully with our suppliers, your team and the internal departments.
- You handle changes in the planning and ensure correct administrative processing
When do you fit in?
Are you practical and positive. Are you someone who thinks in terms of possibilities and not limitations? Then respond anyway, even if you do not fully meet our wish list.
What is your profile?
- You have completed at least an education at MBO level 4.
- You have at least 2 years' experience in a similar position as a transport planner within the logistics or transport sector and are ready for a new challenge.
- You are able to work in a daily changing planning environment with related stress resistance.
- You have excellent geographical knowledge (and notion of distances) within Europe.
ECS excels in transport and logistics
ECS is a leading provider of integrated supply chain logistics and intermodal transport solutions. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Zeebrugge, our family-run business operates in more than 35 European countries. We specialize in transport and logistics between the UK & Ireland and continental Europe.
Choose an exciting career with a dynamic family business and a European leader in logistics services. With our team of 600 colleagues, we strive every day for optimal customer satisfaction, sustainable growth and innovation.
What do we offer you?
- A good salary.
- A minimum of 28 leave days (leave days increase with the length of your employment)
- Excellent pension scheme where ECS contributes approx. 60%
- The possibility to work (partly) from home after your induction period
- Flexible working hours, tailored to your private work balance
- Training opportunities as required
- During your induction period, a mentor to guide you.
- Fresh fruit every week and fresh soup in the office in winter.
- Participation in activities: team outings, get-togethers and sporting events.
- A visit to the quays of Zeebrugge during your induction period.
Do you want to excel together?
Send your CV and short motivation to Monique Koetsruiter (HR Business partner Venlo). E-mail: HR@ecs.be . We will treat your details promptly and confidentially. You may also give us a call: Rob Walker (Head of Operations & CS Netherlands & Germany) will be happy to help you: 077-3239239.
Acquisition is not appreciated.